Monday, November 21, 2011

I Never Look Classy: Part 6: Iguana Mia!

Mexican food and myself have never been the best of friends. Something always seemed "off" about the ingredients and flavours. Whenever we cooked "mexican" food at our house it was always an imitation of the authentic food which, in all honesty, I still love despite the fact it has very little to do with the authentic cuisine. I have since learned what the defect was in all of the Mexican food I had tried.

Canada.

It might be the geographical location which precludes the best ingredients or the lack of cultural knowledge on how to cook the food properly, but it turns out that Mexican food is ten or twenty times better down here in Florida.

Twice we have eaten at a Mexican restaurant, twice I have been blown away by the food.

The most recent of these lunches was yesterday at Iguana Mia. If you are in the area I can't recommend the place strongly enough.

Aside from that its mostly been about watching Burn Notice, relaxing and drinking Amaretto Sours. Tomorrow we're going BACK TO THE FUTURE (where future is defined as the outlet malls) and might hit up the beach.

Meanwhiletime, Cheerio!!

No comments: