Thursday, November 24, 2011

I Never Look Classy: Part 9: Italian Stallion

Apparantly five stars down here does not equal a great restaurant.

So far I have had a number of fine dining experiences at almost all the establishments we have gone to for food (save for Ichiban. ICHIBAN!!!!). This is not the case with my friends, but I have been content thus far.

Or at least until we ran into an Italian Restaurant yesterday.

I myself had a pretty good bowl of spaghetti with meat sauce. I'm sure that I could have made better tasting pasta back at my house, but the sauce was pretty good.  One thing that did concern me was the lack of knowledge of the ingredients to the food. One amongst our group has a serious food allergy but the staff could not recollect if there was dairy in the pizza dough.

Truth be told, the restaurant wasn't terrible. The service was a bit slow, but that is forgivable (also the wedding soup was amazing). My largest complaint is that I could have made better food at home, cheaper and without a whole lot of effort.

In the local area the restaurant was rated as five out of five stars. I wonder about that.

Rest of the day was reading, watching television and lounging by the pool.

Aww-yeah.

No comments: