Friday, December 2, 2011

I Never Look Classy: Part 16: 48 Slaughtering Hours

I've gotten into "Dead Rising" in a big way. It's a vidja game about killin' your self some zombies, and that's about all I've been doing in the past couple days.

It's a relatively solid game, with a couple of minor technical issues. The thing I like the most about it is that it isn't a short game, I've sunk at least 30 hours into the thing by now and I don't think I'm more than 60% done. Which is a good time to dollar spent ratio on the entertainment.


When not doing that there has been a lot of reading "The Count of Monte Cristo," which is a LONG ASS BOOK. I've been reading pretty solid for a couple weeks now and I'm about 40% through. I might get it done by the end of the trip, and if that is the case I'll probably post a critique or something about it here.

--

The one thing we did find in the past two days was an awesome Cuban restaurant with authentic and delicious and cheap Cuban food. The name?

Cuban Restaurant.

I don't get business names down here.

It was there that I had my first Medianoche Sandwich (translates to Midnight Sandwich. It is quite similar to a Cuban sandwich, but the bread is a sweet and soft egg bread which is crisped in a press before serving.

The awesome and large sandwich was $4.99. That plus a beer and fries came to a total of $9.

Scrumptious.

--

Regarding the time-scale of these blog posts, each post is approximately one day, save for this entry which covers two boring days where we just relaxed and ate cuban food and swam.

Cheerio!

No comments: