Sunday, November 27, 2011

I Never Look Classy: Part 12: Vidja Games, Schmid-ma Games

Though the day before was Black Friday (an event we didn't participate in because we don't need any flat screen televisions) I was keen to pick up a video game to help while away some of my free time down here.

Some might say "why did you go all the way to Florida to play video games when you can do that at home!?" and to them I would say "Airport-shmairport!!" After I said that I would probably say "because at home I can't play video games while one entire wall of my house is open to the outside and there is a pleasant breeze coming in and also I'm drinking cheap, delicious micro-brew beer!"

At that point the person would be so taken aback that they would literally disappear.

--

During the nightly midnight swim Adam asked me "Okay, how long would it take you to write a 5 page story then?"

I replied "One Hour."

He said that he was surprised.

"I am surprised," said he.

Don't be, said I. I'll do it when I get out of the pool.

Getting out of the pool I sat here, at my laptop, and started a stop watch. I spent the first ten minutes writing out the plot ideas and then I got write into it. (Ha! WRITE INTO IT!!! GET IT?!??!?!?)

I find that it is quite easy to simply churn out a story of such a short length, and was sure that I could complete it in the hour allotted.

Unfortunately I was wrong, I did not make the five pages in one hour that I had allowed myself.

I did make 3.5 pages in One Hour, and promised myself to complete the story the morning following. When completed I will post the story, and the time of completion. Look to that on tomorrows post of "I Never Look Classy! A Florida Travelogue"

Good night.

No comments: